25 August 2013


No rest for the wicked over bank holiday weekend, so far I've racked up 30 hours with another 10 at least tomorrow. I'm being paid overtime for working at the Home Office over the weekend though, so my pay cheque will be pretty healthy in a couple of weeks. I've been celebrating in advance/rewarding myself a little though - last night called for a handful of drinks with the wonderful Amy Newton in our favourite establishment for a jive; The Great Gastsby. My poor throat has taken a complete bashing from my over-enthusiastic singing which is proving really fun whilst I interview all day at work.

I've also treated myself to a new velvet choker and a Nick Cave bootleg cassette from Ebay. My CD & Cassette player is all set up now so I feel I will quickly become obsessed with collecting music again. The choker is super cute, I'll snap a picture of it when it arrives in the post. I don't think the novelty of receiving gifts in the post will ever wear off, even if I have bought them for myself.

The transformation of the flat slowly continues, adding personal touches here and there. I have these super cute alcove corners in my front room which are great for interior decor accessories - the photo frame and little bird are only a taste of how adorable it all looks/will look. With the prospect of having more visitors soon, I'm sure that I'll hurry up and get it looking perfect. My friend Ruth from Nottingham came up on Thursday and I had the most wonderful time, I really do miss having all of my besties around me. I hope that I'll get more chance to travel around and visit people soon, I don't do a good job of keeping in touch but I do love you all dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment