13 June 2013

Many apologies for the terrifically pixelated and exhausted face

Doc/Fest is well under way now and I'm having so much fun being a part of it, regardless of how shattered I am already. Waking up at 7am this morning with a splitting head ache was a bit of a shock to the system but it does feel quite nice to be doing something productive. Not only have I managed to catch some incredible sessions but I've been speaking to a lot of people in the media field - it's been a fabulous excuse to network and let people know that I'm looking for both job and freelance writing opportunities. Here's a little run down of my first couple of days;

#day1
Although I had every intention of blogging when I got home from my first shift yesterday I really was too tired - the opening events I worked on were absolutely mental and packed out, so I didn't get a chance to see lovely Jarvis, nor catch Pussy Riot. That being said, I could hear the music from The Big Melt and it sounded fantastic. 

#day2
Today has been much more organised and now I actually know what I'm doing it was easy enough to run about and flit between jobs, I've done everything from running mics in Q&As to herding delegates in and out of the theatres. This also meant I got a chance to sit in the sessions and hear some great things about the industry. My favourite session of the day was The Art of The Interview which was all about journalism documentaries - something that is pretty much my life dream. I can't wait to catch up on all of the docs that we got to see snippets of in that class.

Once I'd finished working I also had the pleasure of actually attending The Best of BUG: The Evolution of Music Video which was presented by comedian, radio presenter, and all round genius Adam Buxton. It was absolutely fantastic, I literally cried my eyes out laughing the whole way through, alongside appreciating some really great music videos that were shows, my favourite being the flick for Bonobo - Cirrus created by the brilliant mind of Cyriak, which I'll post below. Its very MC Escher. Anyway, if you get a chance to see this guy, I strongly urge you do, he was brilliant.


Keep your eyes peeled for my posts on the days to come! Probably won't be tomorrow as I have a live review for Now Then to get to after work, but soon my friends, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment