Stoptober

1 October 2013


I've never been a full time smoker but I am certainly partial to a menthol cigarette every now and again, whether that be to relax a little or for the social element, as many of my associates are smokers. I don't think I have ever been addicted, it's always just been because I quite like them, and much to the despair of PSHE teachers worldwide, it looks super cool. Never the less, I have decided to participate in "Stoptober" this month to save myself a little bit of money, encourage my health fix, and please my mother. This morning I handed my cigarettes over to a friend and told my colleges the good/bad news, dependant on their views.

I don't think it's going to be particularly difficult, unless it turns out that I've been lying to myself this whole time and I am, in fact addicted. Saying that, I did just scroll through a few pages of people smoking to look for a good photograph to borrow and I'm not ready to kill anybody just yet.  At the end of the month, if, or should I say when, I complete it, I'll buy myself a little present with the thirty odd quid I would have spent on cigarettes. I suppose there is a chance that I won't bother buying any more after that, as it does all seem a big waste of money and unnecessary upset to my lungs for something that I don't need, but I'm not going to make any promises just yet. 

1 comment:

  1. good luck!

    i gave up smoking ages ago but i now only smoke if i fancy one, which was usually when i was inebriated!

    i even notice that i am fitter and less out of the breath when i stopped smoking daily. it will be worth it

    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete