Escape to the Country

26 November 2015


One week tomorrow, Kyle and I pick up the keys for our new place out in the Peak District. We're not quite ready to hop up onto the property ladder just yet, but since we've got a couple of years of paying off debts and saving to do, we figured we may as well do it with a view. Our new cottage is picture perfect. I've always wanted a home this adorable, but I definitely didn't think it would be something that would happen any time soon. It's a little bit scary, and it'll definitely test my anxious nature as so much will change, but I'm really looking forward to living in such a beautiful property (even if it is covered in really dated red carpets - rug donations are very welcome).

Apologies for the picture quality, this one is stolen from rightmove

So not only will I be moving into my first proper house, but I've also had somewhat of a promotion. It's only a temporary position, but it's more change - and in a time where I could probably do with things running smoothly and not changing dramatically. Luckily for me, the short term change in job also means a short term pay increase, which will be very useful to assist in the moving period. It may take a couple of months to really make the place our own, but I can't wait to get there. 

Fingers crossed we'll manage to at least stretch to a few bottles of mulled wine and some twinkly fairy lights for the festive season. I can't wait to get a handful of friends round to show off our beautiful love nest, and take lots of photographs of Hope Valley in the snow. Let's just hope that the snowy season starts once we've moved in safely!

Keep checking in for more about our big move, peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment